Many devices are a modified version of the “clean slate” device that was placed on the market decades ago and devices frequently change hands from one company to another and are submitted to new markets. Currently, biocompatibility is one of the most rapidly changing regulatory sections in the medical device industry. Mainly contributed to a universal drive to reduce animal testing and the new MDRs.
This webinar addresses:
- What constitutes a change to a medical device?
- Do I need to repeat all of my biocompatibility when a change is made?
- How to address new standards
- How can I use supplier information to support biocompatibility?
- Is the biocompatibility testing from 1994, or 2000, or 2010 still applicable to my device?