About Nelson Labs
Nelson Labs, a Sotera Health company, is an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and expert advisory services. We perform over 700 rigorous microbiological and analytical laboratory tests across the medical device, pharmaceutical, and tissue industries. We know that every test matters and requires solutions to complex problems to improve patient outcomes and minimize client risk.
We are a business unit of Sotera Health, along with Nordion® and Sterigenics®. Together, we are the world’s leading, fully integrated protector of global health and touch the lives of more than 180 million people around the world each year. Sotera Health is a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus and GTCR.
On August 7, 2018, Nelson Labs’ parent company Sotera Health acquired New Jersey-based Gibraltar Laboratories. Gibraltar is a leading outsourced provider of microbiology and analytical chemistry testing for pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers and is known for USP compendial microbiology, sterility assurance, and analytical chemistry testing. The company, owned and operated by the Prince family since 1970, runs two laboratories in the New Jersey tri-state area.
On November 7, 2017, Sterigenics International LLC changed its parent company name to Sotera Health LLC. Its three companies – Nelson Labs™, Nordion® and Sterigenics® – maintain their current names and leverage the strength of the business units to deliver on its mission of Safeguarding Global Health™.
On October 31, 2017, Nelson Labs acquired Toxikon Europe N.V., the European division of Toxikon Corporation. The new Nelson Labs Europe’s capabilities are complementary and additive to Nelson Labs’ existing testing portfolio and, in combination, makes Nelson Labs one of the premiere global E&L laboratory testing platforms for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
Why Choose Nelson Labs
Every year, hundreds of medical device, pharmaceutical, and tissue companies make Nelson Labs their testing laboratory of choice. For them, the decision is easy. Nelson Labs is a clear leader in the microbiology and analytical chemistry testing industry, offering more than 700 laboratory tests and employing more than 700 scientists and staff in state-of-the-art facilities. We are known for exceptional quality and rigorous testing standards, but it is our focus on the bigger picture that sets us apart. We look beyond test results and partner with you to achieve your long-term business goals — mitigating risk, being first to market, and succeeding with your customers.
Companies choose Nelson Labs for our:
- Thought leaders and approachable experts. We give you direct access to industry authorities who understand your business and add value every step of the way.
- Customer-centric culture. We take the time to understand your vision. Your goals become our goals.
- Real-time project management tools and a dedicated client portal. We provide proactive information, keeping you informed and in control.
- Metric-driven testing processes. We’re our own toughest customer, holding ourselves to goals exceeding 99% for things that matter most to you, like quality, turnaround time, and testing accuracy.
- Global compliance expertise and support. We act as a trusted advisor, helping you navigate the ever-changing compliance landscape.
See how we can help you mitigate risk, be first to market, and succeed with your customers.
Safeguarding Global Health™ with every test we complete.
Corporate Sustainability Report
Our purpose is bigger than the products and services we provide. We ensure that health care around the world is consistently and reliably safe every day. Our purpose, our conduct, and our values are at the heart of our commitment to employee safety, environmental responsibility, and sustainability principles. Download the Sotera Health Global Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility Report.
Want to visit us? We welcome our clients on a daily basis, whether you are coming for an audit or just to observe testing. We are also happy to help in finding accommodations and directions to and from Nelson Labs. Contact our Service Center to schedule a tour or audit visit today.
- 1985 by Dr. Jerry R. Nelson and Lynda S. Nelson
- 800+ with more than 450 scientists
- 75+ registered and specialist microbiologists (NRCM)
- 13 global lab sites in the US, Mexico, Europe and China
- Salt Lake City, UT
- More than 700 microbiological and analytical tests
- ASTM, ISO, AAMI, ANSI, IEST, PDA, AATB and more
- Nelson Labs facilities are FDA-registered as a GMP, GLP, and GTP testing lab with ISO 17025 accreditation