About Nelson Labs
Nelson Labs®, a Sotera Health company, is an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and expert advisory services. We perform over 800 rigorous microbiological and analytical laboratory tests across the medical device, pharmaceutical, protective barriers, and tissue industries. We know that every test matters and requires solutions to complex problems to improve patient outcomes and minimize client risk.
We are a business unit of Sotera Health (Nasdaq: SHC), along with Nordion® and Sterigenics®. Together we are a leading global provider of mission-critical sterilization and lab-testing and advisory services for the healthcare industry and touch the lives of more than 190 million people around the world each year.
On November 10, 2021, Nelson Labs’ parent company Sotera Health acquired Wisconsin-based Regulatory Compliance Associates (RCA). RCA is an industry leader in providing life sciences consulting focused on quality, regulatory, and technical consulting for the pharmaceutical, medical device and combination-device industries. Headquartered in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, RCA has extensive industry knowledge through a network of in-house and external experts and is known for its best-in-class solutions.
On March 8, 2021, Nelson Labs’ parent company Sotera Health acquired Montana-based BioScience Laboratories. On May 1, 2022, the company’s name was changed from BioScience Laboratories to Nelson Laboratories Bozeman. The company is a leader in topical antimicrobial product testing in the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries. The company, formerly owned and operated by Dr. Daryl Paulson and Marsha D. Brown since 1991, operates a 22,000 square foot laboratory in Bozeman, Montana.
- Read the acquisition announcement here
- Change notification for the acquisition
- Change notification for the name change
- Download the Form W-9.
- Nelson Laboratories Bozeman website
On November 7, 2017, Sterigenics International LLC changed its parent company name to Sotera Health LLC. Its three companies – Nelson Labs, Nordion and Sterigenics – maintain their current names and leverage the strength of the business units to deliver on its mission of Safeguarding Global Health.
On October 31, 2017, Nelson Labs acquired Toxikon Europe N.V., the European division of Toxikon Corporation. The new Nelson Labs Europe’s capabilities are complementary and additive to Nelson Labs’ existing testing portfolio and, in combination, makes Nelson Labs one of the premiere global E&L laboratory testing platforms for the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
Why Choose Nelson Labs
Every year, hundreds of medical device, pharmaceutical, and tissue companies make Nelson Labs their testing laboratory of choice. For them, the decision is easy. Nelson Labs is a clear leader in the microbiology and analytical chemistry testing industry, offering more than 800 laboratory tests and employing more than 500 scientists and staff in state-of-the-art facilities. We are known for exceptional quality and rigorous testing standards, but it is our focus on the bigger picture that sets us apart. We look beyond test results and partner with you to achieve your long-term business goals — mitigating risk, being first to market, and succeeding with your customers.
Companies choose Nelson Labs for our:
- Thought leaders and approachable experts. We give you direct access to industry authorities who understand your business and add value every step of the way.
- Customer-centric culture. We take the time to understand your vision. Your goals become our goals.
- Real-time project management tools and a dedicated client portal. We provide proactive information, keeping you informed and in control.
- Metric-driven testing processes. We’re our own toughest customer, holding ourselves to goals exceeding 99% for things that matter most to you, like quality, turnaround time, and testing accuracy.
- Global compliance expertise and support. We act as a trusted advisor, helping you navigate the ever-changing compliance landscape.
See how we can help you mitigate risk, be first to market, and succeed with your customers.
Safeguarding Global Health with every test we complete.
Want to visit us? We welcome our clients on a daily basis, whether you are coming for an audit or just to observe testing. We are also happy to help in finding accommodations and directions to and from Nelson Labs. Contact our Service Center to schedule a tour or audit visit today.
- 1985 by Dr. Jerry R. Nelson and Lynda S. Nelson
- 1,100+ with more than 700 scientists
- 75+ registered and specialist microbiologists (NRCM)
- 13 global lab sites in the US, Mexico, Europe, and China
- Salt Lake City, UT
- More than 900 microbiological and analytical tests
- ASTM, ISO, AAMI, ANSI, IEST, PDA, AATB and more
- Nelson Labs facilities are FDA-registered as a GMP, GLP, and GTP testing lab with ISO 17025 accreditation