I am very excited for this new stage of Nelson Laboratories. For many years I have envisioned that the replacement of Dr. Jerry Nelson would be more than just a single person. The replacement needed to be a small group of highly qualified individuals to help drive the science of Nelson Laboratories.
The Nelson Laboratories Science Council had its first meeting yesterday to confirm the regular participants and discuss the charter and membership qualifications. We have a clear vision of how we will be working together to help expand the knowledge within Nelson Laboratories.
“As we continue to expand as a global leader in microbiological testing services, our scientific expertise is a differentiator for us as a company,” said Jeff Hone, Vice President of Quality at Nelson Laboratories. “I am so excited to be working with this wonderful group of scientists to expand our scientific knowledge.”
I will serve as the chair of the council, with Tonya Morris as the vice-chair. The regular members of the council are as follows:
- Martell Winters (Chair; AAMI/ISO participant and co-chair, liaison to AATB standards committee)
- Tonya Morris (Vice-chair; AAMI/ISO/PDA participant)
- Thor Rollins (AAMI/ISO participant)
- Wendy Mach (USP Expert Committee, AAMI/ASTM participant)
- Michelle Lee (AAMI/ISO/ASTM participant)
- Alpa Patel (AAMI/ASTM participant)
- Emily Mitzel (AAMI/ISO participant and co-chair)
- Dennis Ransom (Master Scientist – Nelson Laboratories)
I look forward to working with this excellent group as we help to improve the science of the 10 Nelson Laboratories facilities, and as we interact in our industry.