After two years of virtual events, we are pleased to announce that we can finally meet you in person again! We’d like to welcome you to our Open House event this year at our Center of Excellence in Leuven on Wednesday, April 26th. This year’s Open House will zoom in on the latest changes to the ISO 10993-18 standard and how it is a part of the overall evaluation of biocompatibility for medical devices. We will explore theory and practical examples, and you’ll also have an opportunity to take a tour of our facilities.
Partnering with us for the Open House Limulus Bio will host a toxicology training (ISO 10993-17) on day two (fee-based course).
Be sure to save Wednesday April 26 and Thursday April 27 in your agendas, and let’s see if there’s “chemistry” between us!
The agenda spans two days and covers many unique and timely subjects.
This year’s keynote speakers are Dr Dennis Jenke (Principal Consultant Nelson Labs), Dr Sherry Parker and many others to be announced very soon.
Day 1: Read the Nelson Labs Open House event agenda.
- Introduction: ISO 10993-1
- Good Identification Practices for extractables detected in Chemical Characterization studies
- Good Quantification Practices for Screening Methods
- Chemical Characterization: State-of-the-art Techniques & Instruments
- Linking the ISO 10993-17 and ISO 10993 -18
- Looking into the future: Outlook on where Chemical Characterization may be going
- Line-up of Industry speakers addressing critical aspects in the design, performance and other issues in regulatory submissions of Chemical Characterization data.
Day 2: Read the Limulus Bio Training Course agenda.
Toxicological Safety Evaluation (One-Day training course organized by Limulus Bio). ISO 10993-17 is under major revision with guidance on the conduct of toxicological risk assessments, including new definitions and concepts. This course covers what to expect in the upcoming revision and provides hands-on training for applying the proposed new principles. Certificates will be included with effectiveness of the training upon passed test.
PLUS: Nelson Labs facility tour and On-site Networking.
If you are looking to stay overnight in Leuven, you may want to check the two below hotels with whom Nelson Laboratories was able to obtain a group booking rate.
Approx. 15 – 20 min. walk from the event venue Provinciehuis. Price per room per night, including breakfast: €165 + €3.5 city tax per person.
Click to book a room.
Approx. 5 min walk from the event venue Provinciehuis. Price per room per night, including breakfast: €149 + €3.5 city tax per person.
Click to book a room.