> Submit Samples
Submitting Samples to Nelson Laboratories is a simple three Step Process:
1. Set up an Account / Request a Quote:
2. Complete a Sample Submission Form:
- Complete a Sample Submission Form and submit with your samples. This PDF form allows typing and saving on your computer after completion for your convenience. For assistance in filling out the submission form, hover over the cell and a short description will appear.
- Completing all required information on the Sample Submission Form will help us complete your project without any undue delays.
- If you have any questions or would like help completing the Sample Submission Form, please contact our Service Center at 801-290-7503 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Submit Samples:
- Include the completed Sample Submission Form with your samples.
- Clearly label the samples to match the sample submission form.
- If multiple tests are requested on a single submission form, see below for further instructions.
- Ship Samples and Sample Submission Form to Nelson Laboratories:
Nelson Laboratories, Inc.
6280 South Redwood Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84123-6600 USA
Phone: (801) 290-7500
Fax: (801) 290-7998
- Please forward a copy of your Purchase Order (PO) by email to email@example.com or include a copy with the samples at the time of sample shipment.
- When sending in samples/materials that contain chemicals, please include the MSDS (material safety data sheet) as required so we can ensure they are handled correctly.
Customs and International Shipping Guide
Read this shipping guide when sending samples from overseas.
Sample Submission FAQ's
Q: What if I need to submit additional samples for a test?
A: Please fill out the sample submission form and check the additional samples box
Q: How do I submit controlled substances?
A: Controlled substances are drugs or chemicals whose manufacture, possession, and use are regulated by the Federal Government. Controlled substances are segregated into different schedules (I, II, III, IV, & V). Nelson Laboratories DEA license allows us to handle schedules, I, II, III, & IV. In order to receive a schedule I or II, Nelson Laboratories will complete a DEA Form 222 and forward it to our customer (drug manufacturer) prior to receipt of the drug at NLI.
Q: How do I clarify Special Handling instructions?
A: Clarifiy any special handling instructions in the comments box on the sample submission form.
Q: Who do I contact for test specific questions?
A: Contact our Service Center at 801-290-7503 or by email. They can direct you to an individual study director if needed.
Q: How can I get a quote?
A: Request a quote online or talk to a sales representative at 801-290-7502.
Q: What is the status of my test?
A: You will receive an automated email from our laboratory information system on the day your samples are received and logged into our system. This email will contain the laboratory number for your testing. You will also receive an automated email when your report is complete, at which time you can download the report from our secure internet site.
Q: What are your payment terms and conditions?
A: See payment terms and conditions for further information.
Q: What do I need to know about U.S. Customs when shipping samples internationally?
A: Customs Reference Document
Q: How do I submit samples for multiple tests?
A: 1. Clearly separate the samples for each test to prevent possible mix-ups.
2. If a single test report is desired, list all tests on a single submission form.
3. If individual reports are desired for each test, submit a separate submission form with each set of samples.
4. If additional clarification is needed, please write the instructions in the comments box on the submission form.